Sunday, March 4, 2007

Tollway

This weekend I had my first opportunity to go on the new tollway (with my toll tag.) I rode on it one other time without the toll tag. At that time, I was amazed at how expensive it was! In Dallas it's $.75 per stop and a discount if you have a toll tag. (I don't know what the discount is, though.) Having a toll tag gives you a 10% discount here in Austin. Even with that, it's REALLY expensive. $1.35 per stop is the discounted rate.

I'm still not sure how far the tollway goes. I hopped on in Georgetown and got off on 290. I don't think it goes much further than that. The sign says it goes to Austin or Waco. I don't know why it says it goes to Waco, because it doesn't. It goes to Georgetown. False advertisement.

The only thing really nice about the road is that no one else was on it. I paid to have the road to myself. I guess that's worth something.

No comments: