Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Pei Wei

As much as I like to spread the word about Chopsticks Wednesday, I have to admit that I'm not really a fully practicing member. Usually, I forget or just figure it's too much work. I'm really not very good at eating with chopsticks. However, with the New Year and all, I figured it was time to turn over a new leaf. While I was at the airport on Monday, I chose to eat Chinese food and I thought I'd try the chopsticks, even though it wasn't a Wednesday. I was amazed at how much better I had gotten with them.

So today, given a choice to eat at Chipotle or Pei Wei's, I jumped at the opportunity to show off my new skills! We ate at Pei Wei's over on Parmer. I ordered the orange beef, which is my favorite. As usual, it was really delicious and I proceeded to pig out! I have to admit, that as far a chain restaurants go, Pei Wei's is one of the best!

I went with three other converts and we all enjoyed eating our food with their wooden chopsticks. We are all at varying levels of expertise with the chopsticks, but none of us went home hungry! We had a great time taking pictures of ourselves, so we could post them on the group site, to prove that we are participating in our newest low pressure weekly holiday!

No comments: