Sunday, February 25, 2007

Unpacking

I didn't realize how much STUFF we had. This house doesn't have the same amount of storage space or places to put knick knack things. I can't even have a garage sale to get rid of all the extra things until the neighborhood decides to have one. We only get two a year and everyone has to do their garage sales on the same weekend. We can't even get into our garage and our house is already full.

A couple of things got ruined in the storage place. I'm going to have to get a new coffee table and a couple of other things. I think it was time to get a new coffee table anyway. My husband said it looks like a new house with old furniture. It really isn't that bad, but our stuff doesn't fit the way it did in Dallas. We'll work it out though.

I was very lucky that my in-laws and husband's cousin came to help. I didn't have to rewash any dishes or glasses. That was a good thing because I didn't realize how many of those we had. My mother-in-law was getting on to my husband because some of the glasses still had price tags on them. I think that those were the ones that were left to me by my mom when she moved out of our old house! lol! I don't think I've ever actually bought any glasses. :)

I can now see why moving is one of the top stressers. I've never been one to freak out, worry much, or have panic attacks, but I can see that happening! I'm trying to keep everything into perspective. It's all going to be fine!

No comments: