Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Austin Coffee

I moved to Austin a little under a year ago. So far, it has been an interesting journey. I plan to use this blog to talk about my likes and dislikes.

Being new to Austin, I want to find the best coffee house in the area. Everyone goes to Starbucks...Where is the sport in going there? Austin has lots of fun quirky places to go and have coffee. Even so, I still feel a need to go to Starbucks on occasion.

I started out going to Austin Java on Barton Springs. They have pretty good coffee, just not anything special. They got the Best Of from the Austin Chronicle. The last time I was there, I was on the porch and a mouse was coming out of the fireplace. When the waiter came by, I showed him the mouse and his response was, "Awesome!" I'll give him the fact that we were on a porch, but it was covered!

I made my way to Joe's on Congress. While there are other Joe's, the one on Congress is the most fun because of the interesting people. I had a Turbo coffee drink. It was very sweet, just the way I like my coffee. Joe's is different because it is more of a coffee stand than a coffee house. It is great to get a coffee and then hang out on the street. Plus, you can bring your dog. From what I've seen there is always a line and always busy!

I've also gone to Halcyon. I'm not sure I even spelled that right. It's a quirky place down in the warehouse district. It's pretty good and a fun place to hang out. Their couches are pretty ratty. There wasn't as many people there, but it was just as good as any of the other places.

I'll keep trying new coffee places and update the blog on other things I enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the place near that restaurant that grows its own vegetables? I thought that was a fun place to go, as well.

taxxcpa said...

Next time I'm in Austin, I'll try some of that coffee.