Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Home

Front View
Backyard
Fireplace
Master Bath
I never thought that I would be the type of person that would live in a planned community. I've always been the one looking down my nose at the people that live in those type neighborhoods. I always get confused because the houses all look alike. Plus, I never wanted to live in a suburb.
Well, here I am in Austin buying a home in one of the quirkiest towns in Texas in a planned community in a suburb.
Actually, we looked all around Austin for several months trying to find a house with good square footage with an affordable price tag. The best we could find was about 1700 sq. ft. in our price range. The houses were tiny and the neighborhoods looked like the ones your mother always warned you about. So, we decided to look in one of "those" neighborhoods.
Well, I was really suprised. I could build a pretty big house without going broke. Plus, I get the opportunity to pick the things that I want in a house. We got to pick a floor plan, the color brick, the tile, the countertops, the paint...just about EVERYTHING!! It has been really exciting.
One of the drawbacks to doing this is that you begin to question your taste. It's hard to tell what the whole house is going to look like by one brick, but so far, I've been really pleased with how it's all coming together. The only other thing that I've found to be a problem, is the amount of time that it takes. It's really not so bad, but I really am not into the apartment life.
If you ever have the opportunity to do this, I highly recommend it! It's the one opportunity I have to have a house just the way I want it!! I can't wait to move in!

No comments: