Friday, February 17, 2012

Soaked


I try to walk every morning.  I really feel guilty if I don't walk.  One of the reasons I wanted to get Cooper was because sometimes Mike can't walk with me and I feel more safe when I walk with a dog.  Today was one of those days.  Every morning I go to the backyard and check the weather before I go.  There is nothing worse than getting all dressed at 4:00 in the morning and then finding out that it's raining outside; been there, done that.  Today was no different. I went out there and the weather was muggy, but no rain.  Cooper and I got all ready and went walking . Cooper was acting a bit strange like he didn't want to go, which has not been his MO.  I pulled him along though, because I'm the boss.

When we got about as far away from our house as we go, guess what happened!?  It started POURING!!!  No worries for me. I can walk in the rain.  I'm not going to melt. So we kept going...not that we had any choice.  As we kept walking, I started to see lightning!!  Meteorologist Troy Kimmel came to our school and talked to our students about the weather.  He showed pictures of lightning and what it can do to people, buildings, etc.  It was fascinating and a little scary.  I've never really been afraid of lightning, because I had some weird ideas about how it works. Almost none of them were facts, just things I created in my head. As we were walking, the lightning got brighter and brighter and I got more and more scared.  I wanted to get home as fast as I could, so Cooper and I just started running like maniacs.  If you think it's hard to pull along a dog walking, you should try pulling him along running.  We must have looked crazy running down the street.

I am happy to report that we made it home safely, but we were soaked.  We didn't get our four miles of walking in, so I hope that tonight we can go for another walk. Keep dry my friends!!

1 comment:

Beth Roan said...

Too bad no one got this on video! At least he didn't make you carry him. Cooper needs rain gear or a stroller. :).